Chicken with Lemon Caper Sauce is Weight Watchers Friendly! If you’re following the Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints program, plan to count two Freestyle Smartpoints for each serving. That’s a low point count, so this recipe is a major score for the Weight Watchers crowd!
This chicken is topped with the most delicious lemon caper sauce.
- Cuisine: Italian
- Prep Time” 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4 servings
- Calories: 180 kcal
- Author: RecipeGirl.com
- 4 4-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (16 ounces total)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup extra dry vermouth
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- hot cooked pasta or rice, for serving (optional)
- Sprinkle 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper over chicken. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from skillet. set aside; keep warm.
- Add 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, vermouth, lemon juice and capers to skillet, scraping skillet to loosen browned bits. Cook until reduced to 1/4 cup (about 2 minutes). Stir in the parsley.
- Spoon sauce over chicken to serve.
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS per serving (no rice or pasta): Freestyle SmartPoints: 2, Points Plus Program: 4, Old Points Program: 4